Wednesday, August 1, 2007

A Fan to Far


This photo was taken the day of the Holden Art Farm Garden Party. There I am, the artist with my hand through a four foot rip in the studio. On July 28th in 95 degree heat the tape started to melt from the plastic. Inside the studio it was over 100 degrees. People keep leaving the door open either to let out the heat or for the shear fun of watching the studio deflate. My friend and I were using three of the four fans to inflate the studio faster. I walked away from the studio and told my friend to be sure to turn off the third fan or "the bag would blow". It wasn't my friend's fault the four foot rip appeared a couple of minutes later. My warning sounded like a joke and I should have turned the fan off myself. I did have fun patching the gapping hole in the studio and I'm not sure why.

No comments: